• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a Case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msyford

What is the name of your state?MA
Last week my manager placed me on a plan of action due to my inability to adhere to the policy's that were set for working at home. Today my manager and someone from human resources brings me into another room and says that they have to let me go because "a reliable source told them that they heard me using volguar language towards my manager" first of all I never used any volgular language at work that is a lie. The second reason is because I shared/showed my action plan to others on the team. This is not right, I would like to know what are my rights can they do this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are referring to a case for wrongful termination, no, you do not. Not even close.

There is nothing in either Federal or Massachusetts law that prohibits them from firing you because they believe you used inappropriate language, even if they are wrong. There is nothing in either Federal or Massachusetts law that prohibits them from firing you because you showed your action plan to others on the team.

So yes, they can do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">