• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TickedOffInAZ

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I've been working at my place of business for 7 and a half years. At the time, I was a bartender, a lady asked to close her tab and as I was getting the tab she walked away but her fiance was since there. He signed it and walked away. Later, the couple comes back and claims they never received their card but I 100% saw the guy sign her card (which I know is by law, illegal). They ended up disputing their charges, which they claimed weren't theirs, and thats what got me fired.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I've been working at my place of business for 7 and a half years. At the time, I was a bartender, a lady asked to close her tab and as I was getting the tab she walked away but her fiance was since there. He signed it and walked away. Later, the couple comes back and claims they never received their card but I 100% saw the guy sign her card (which I know is by law, illegal). They ended up disputing their charges, which they claimed weren't theirs, and thats what got me fired.
Yes, your termination was legal.

TickedOffInAZ

In addition, I know for a FACT that others not only in my workplace, but throughout the entire organization have let other people sign someone else's card.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What part of, the termination was legal, did you not understand?

Unless you have a valid and supportable reason to believe that you, and only you, were fired BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin or other characteristic protected by law, they can fire you for this even if it was only fifty-three cents and they have never before fired anyone for anything. Maybe they got fed up and decided to make an example of someone and you were the first volunteer.

mlane58

Unless you have a valid and supportable reason to believe that you, and only you, were fired BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin or other characteristic protected by law, they can fire you for this even if it was only fifty-three cents and they have never before fired anyone for anything. Maybe they got fed up and decided to make an example of someone and you were the first volunteer.
Huh, I don't think you can get a drink for .53 anymore, I could be wrong

TickedOffInAZ

why do you have to be an ass?

I was fired because of who I am, if it was certain other people in the establishment nothing happens to them and if the bar was adequately covered by cameras I can prove my point. The lady that started the tab claims she only had one drink, when they were complaining to the manager they were persistent on wanting a free shot. The shot they wanted was a shot that was on their tab!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">