• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case for wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsutherland1980

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I worked for a Comcast contractor until this past Thursday. Even though I work for them, I can't have free cable, so I have to pay for service. I have a current account with Comcast under my wife's name. The account is for our previous address that we moved out of in Dec. I wanted to transfer the account to our new address, but we owed them money and they wouldn't transfer it in Dec. The service was already turned on at our new address, I just took the equipment from the old address and hooked it up. Because the equipment was on an active account, it worked fine. When Comcast did an internal audit last week, they checked the services at my current address and since it was hooked up, my employer fired me for theft of cable services. I wasn't stealing cable, my account was just attached to the wrong address because I couldn't transfer the service. Even if I didn't work for that company, the same thing would've happened because the service was already on. When I told them I had spoke to Comcast the Saturday before this happened and had my account notated that I was going to be paying the bill and transferring services on Friday, the day after I was fired, it didn't matter. I have since canceled my service with Comcast and don't plan on opening a new one with them ANYTIME soon.

Isis1

you were stealing. you got fired. kind of what happens, ya know. you were not wrongfully terminated.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Even if you were an employee, and even if employment law did apply, this is not even close to a wrongful termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">