• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I Have A Chance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FRANTIC1

What is the name of your state?texas
i have a personal problem which has me miss several days in a row.
i was with a 8 man company for about 2 years.
i was fired about 6 times verbally. but was always allowed back with in about 2 days.i never signed any papers.the company hired a new lead man who said not on his watch. after 4 more times he wrote me up . the paper i signed said
missing a day without calling in.as time went on the work got really slow so i filed reduction of hours for unemployment.the company got the paperwork
fromTWC. right after that work picked back up and i worked for 3 more weeks.
i then missed again and was told i was really fired.
i picked up my last check and signed a paper saying i was fired for missing days.<no dates> just days.so i then filed permantley with twc.i told them i was fired .the employer never responded at all so i got it.3 months later towards the end of year he recieved notice that his state taxes were going to increase do to my unemployment benefits.so the company called twc and said i quit just never showed up or made any more contact with them.when i actually did 2 jobs for them.before they changed there statment.i have signed dated paperwork from the customer.that the company does not know about.my appeal is nearing i was wrong but so were they.me for having my problem.and them for lying not paying me for the 2 jobs i did for them<they called me>.i wold like someones opinion.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

FRANTIC1 said:
What is the name of your state?texas
i have a personal problem which has me miss several days in a row.
i was with a 8 man company for about 2 years.
i was fired about 6 times verbally. but was always allowed back with in about 2 days.i never signed any papers.the company hired a new lead man who said not on his watch. after 4 more times he wrote me up . the paper i signed said
missing a day without calling in.as time went on the work got really slow so i filed reduction of hours for unemployment.the company got the paperwork
fromTWC. right after that work picked back up and i worked for 3 more weeks.
i then missed again and was told i was really fired.
i picked up my last check and signed a paper saying i was fired for missing days.<no dates> just days.so i then filed permantley with twc.i told them i was fired .the employer never responded at all so i got it.3 months later towards the end of year he recieved notice that his state taxes were going to increase do to my unemployment benefits.so the company called twc and said i quit just never showed up or made any more contact with them.when i actually did 2 jobs for them.before they changed there statment.i have signed dated paperwork from the customer.that the company does not know about.my appeal is nearing i was wrong but so were they.me for having my problem.and them for lying not paying me for the 2 jobs i did for them<they called me>.i wold like someones opinion.
**A: I would fire you just on account of having poor spelling and grammar.

pattytx

Homeguru, hopefully the job did not require proper spelling and punctuation. :rolleyes:

However, if you missed work and didn't call in as required by company policy, you can be disciplined and eventually fired (depending on how many chances they are kind enough to give you). And Texas law does not require that you "sign any papers" when you are disciplined or fired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">