• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to fill out a timesheet?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cnajim

Do I have to fill out a timesheet if I am a salaried employee? I a tired of filling out my company's stupid timesheet when I work more than a 40 hour week and they know it!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Check your state labor code by following the link I have given below, but if you are salaried, it means you are EXEMPT from filling out a timesheet.

However, if your company pays you for overtime even if you are salaried, than I would imagine you would want to show how many hours you worked overtime to get paid for it.

Otherwise, click below, find your state and check either the LABOR CODE or the EMPLOYER AND EMPLOYEE CODE. Hope this helps.
https://law.freeadvice.com/resources/statecodes.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">