• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have grounds for contacting EEOC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

daultb

This is very difficult to talk about but I feel that I have justifiable cause to contact EEOC! I work as a Payroll Administrator and handle most of personnel issues. I have worked there the longest (2 years) along with the EVP. I assist him and have my own responsibilities. We have a gentleman who does nothing and has been late excessively, stolen company time, and does nothing. For whatever reason, the EVP looks out for this guy. Although he knows what is job performance is like. The EVP told me that this guy is a con-artist and that he has caught him in so many lies. My evaluation is due the same time this other lazy employees is. However, he was given his evaluation 4 months early, given some of my responsibilities because he didn't have anything to do and paid $7,000 more a year to do the job! I am furious about what I am being paid and what he is paying this gentleman whom should have been fired! In addition, the EVP has made some very upsetting remarks towards me in front of this gentleman like when I wore Cargo Pants to work that zip off to shorts, he asked me "we want to know when you are going to unzip those pants off so they are shorts"! I turned and walked out of his office both embarassed and humiliated. I have not returned to work since the gentleman was given this increase and this remark was made and nor have I heard from the EVP. Please help, I am crushed because I loved my job!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">