• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I Have Recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BeckiR

I got pregnant and had a baby this year. I work for the county fair association and my baby happened to be due the week of our annual fair. I know that the fair board has always had a personality conflict with me. Four weeks after I returned from maternity leave I was told that I needed to reapply for my job. I was told that if someone more qualified applied then I would be terminated. I have interviewed with my immediate supervisor and have been told that I probably won't be called to interview with the Board. I have been given no reason from the Board as to why I need to "fight" for my job. We received a new manager after the Fair. He has stated that he is satisfied with my performance and has actually seen improvement since my return. My former manager gave me an above average evaluation in Dec before she left. So my immediate supervisors are not unhappy with my job performance. Do I have any options legally against them? I am being told now that my position here is temporary, although of the people they have interviewed, no offers will be made at this time. I asked if that meant that I could keep my job and I was told no. I have not been told how much longer I will be here. I am located in KS.
Any advice or information you can provide will be helpful.
Thank you

[This message has been edited by BeckiR (edited November 03, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">