• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have the right to ask all of my personal information back from a job agency?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shawnusa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mass

Hi,

I saw Randstad USA posted a job online and interested. I called them and they do not want talk about it over the phone, they asked me to come to their office and bring 2 IDs with photo.

I found out later that this company is not the one that I can trust. I would like all of my personal information back, but they told me they would not give them back to me. They keep them as their property.

Do I have any right to get them back?

Thanks.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mass

Hi,

I saw Randstad USA posted a job online and interested. I called them and they do not want talk about it over the phone, they asked me to come to their office and bring 2 IDs with photo.

I found out later that this company is not the one that I can trust. I would like all of my personal information back, but they told me they would not give them back to me. They keep them as their property.

Do I have any right to get them back?
Thanks.
They do not have to return what you gave to them. You should have done your due diligence prior to handing over the information.

swalsh411

Presumably you did not hand over any original documents, just copies.

If you're asking if they must destroy all copies and any evidence you applied for a job with them, the answer is no. In fact they are legally required to maintain records of applicants for their open positions for EEOC purposes.

PS. Randstad is a perfectly reputable company. If you are unemployed, you would be foolish not to consider any positions they might have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">