• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have a right to have my drug test results from a false positve test?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gale51

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oh

I was fired from a job where i had a false positive for morphine. There is no possible way i could've taken morphine. I requested a copy of my drug test and the company has been giving me the run around. First they told me it wasn't in my file, but everything else was. They told me they sent it to corporate. I asked for corprate's number and they told me they didn't have it. I googled the number myself and called. I've called several times and left messages and no one calls me back. I called the office again and they told me they are emailing back and fourth with corprate and they would email me the results. It's been a week and now and i have no email and the office won't return my calls. I've been completely cleared from the police of any wrong doing. I also called the lab where i took the test and they told me they have no results that they sent it to the company.

My question is, do i have a right to the test results? And should they have my results in my file?

justalayman

did you pay for the test? If not, then no, you have to right to demand the test results. They are owned by the entity that paid for them.

but beyond everything, you said you had a false positive. That means upon an initial screening, it gave a positive result but subsequent testing showed it to be untrue so the real test result is a negative. I'm not seeing the problem here.

btw: a positive for morphine can show up as a result of codeine, morphine, or heroin. Poppy seeds can also cause an initial positive for morphine.

Last edited:

swalsh411

File for unemployment if you have not done so.

Being "cleared" by the police is irrelevant. First of all the police would not pursue a positive drug test alone as evidence of a crime. Secondly even if the police believe it's a false positive that doesn't mean your employer cannot fire you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">