• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I qualify for UI if my telecommuting Position Recalled/eliminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rdtuck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I live in Colorado and work as a telecommuter for a company in California. Last month, I was given notice that they are recalling telecommuters and my options are to move to CA or loose my job. If I dont choose to relocate, will I qualify for unemployment and which state do i need to apply unemployment with. I pay into Colorado state taxes.

Also, I was given a letter with 2 choices.

1. Will relocate to CA
2. I'm not willing to relocate and I'm voluntarily terminating my position.

My other question is, if I select 2nd option will this waive my right to unemployment since it states that I'm voluntarily quiting my position.

ecmst12

You will most likely be approved for UI, you're not expected to relocate to keep a job. If it was only a little bit farther, you would probably be expected to take the position with the farther commute, but not halfway across the country.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">