• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do managers have rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sons2qt

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I am a manager for a company which was recently aquired by another corporation. I was "reassigned" to a new department and to a new position. I report to a manager in another state and was told, last week, my new assignment will require me to travel 8-12 weeks in a row 4 days per week for training and then I'll be required to travel 1-2 weeks monthly. I'm coming from a position which required no travel (by choice). I have been placed into a job I would never have chosen, have no interest in and with requirements I'm very unhappy about. I attemted to work out a comprimise with my new employer suggesting conference calls, net meetings etc and explained I am a mother with 2 young children and traveling this much would be a hardship, but they have refused to compromise. I am to begin traveling the week of April 9th and will be on the road Monday-Thursday every week for 8 weeks to begin with. Do I have any legal rights in this situation? Can I object based on the conditions without being fired?

fairisfair

you have the right to seek a new job. You have the right to object, but not to object without the possible consequence of being terminated.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Managers have lots of rights, but the right to refuse a legal directive from your employer without risk of penalty is not one of them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">