• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DoD contractor termination question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Johnathanrs

State of Georgia.

Hello,

I am a contractor that works for the department of defense and I know they are in the works of terminating me because I raise issues about what I am doing for them. My contract is a federal national contract that has been awarded to a specific company that I work for. I am an employee under this company; however, the job that I do for the DoD isn’t what I am contracted for. I have raised this issue sense I first got here, but it fell on deaf ears. Long story short, my company doesn’t give a crap as long as the agency renews there contract, so if I raised an issue, I will only to be threatened with termination. The federal agency who I work for obviously doesn’t care as I am a disposable contractor.

The contract that I have with my company directly stipulates that they can terminate me at any time for any cause.

I am well aware of what this means, but I have a few questions.

1. My contract directly states that I am suppose to be given monthly reviews on my performance and I am suppose to be notified on how well I am doing. There has been nothing sense I have been working from the company.
2. I am not doing the job that I was hired to do for my contract.
3. The position that I am working is on par to a federal civilian technician spot, am I am not receiving any federal time for this.

Do I have grounds for pursuing anything legal here, is it worth it? Should I obtain anything before I leave? This pisses me off to no end.

swalsh411

I see nothing illegal here. If you want to keep your job then I suggest you stop making waves. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to have it. If however you are looking for new employment then by all means continue making waves.

As an aside, monthly performance reviews would be terribly burdensome and I really don't think that would be written into a contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">