• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does anyone think I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lxlzbaca

What is the name of your state? New Mexico. Employed at outsourceing company for a wireless provider for about 2 1/2 yrs, as a sales rep. I found out they were hiring for six team leaders. I applied and went to several interviews. During the interviews they asked me to tell them about myself, I told them I was married, a child on the way and that I was a Christian. Five applicants were hired all with less tenure and less experience than me. It came down to they had one position left and when this person came to let me know I had gotten the position it was on friday with one hour until the end of my shift. He told me I had gotten the position and I thanked him and shook his hand he told me you will be starting monday it was going to be the night shift. Now I knew the hours were going to be different when I applied but I started thinking to myself that I should let my wife know about the schedule change. So I asked nicely if I could give him a definite answer the next day. And he said no! I need to know now! in a very rude way. I told him ok I'll just talk to the operations manager and let him know that you did not want me to think about it over night. He walked away and gave the position to the next guy. I felt really bad because I had wanted to move up in the company and that so many people with less experience than I were getting the positions. There were about three of my co-workers heard the entire discussion, and they had told me that what he did was wrong and very unprofessional. I approached this person and told him that it was not right that he gave the position away right after he had just offered it to me. I told him that I see the way he treats people and that he should really reevaluate the way he handles employees. I did not use profanity and I did not threaten to hit him. The next monday I was terminated for assaulting him and using profanity. They lied to me and told me they heared from one of my co-workers and that they said that he handled the situation professionally. One of my co-workers called me the next day and told me that the operations manager had a meeting with several of my co-workers/witnesses and threatened that they would be terminated if they would help me in any way. I have never been fired from a job in my life I had not a mark on my record with this company, And was also one of the top sales people. I would appreciate any advice, thank you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
While it would have been nice of them to let you think about it overnight, they were not required by law to do so. He may have been unprofessional but he was operating within the law.

If upper managment chooses to believe whoever told them that you used profanity, they are entited to do so.

This does not meet the legal definition of a wrongful termination. A wrongful term does not mean that you were fired for something you did not do; it means you were termed for a reason that is prohibited by law. That is not the case here.

lxlzbaca

responding to thread

new mexico. So what do you think about the operations manager threatening co-workers/witnessess of mine with losing thier jobs, to me that is just a sign of guilt. If they did nothing wrong why would they have do anything of the sort.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">