• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does my friend/me and anyone else we have worked with have a case .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clearancequeeny

What is the name of your state? GA

My friend is white , I used to work fo this company as well and all the white people in the company pretty much feel that there is a bunch of reverse discriminations going on.. Anytime there is a promotion up only the black people get it even though there are equally qualified white people that could the job.. All the supervisors are black, and most of thier bosses are black. There are very few people who are white who are in a supervisor place.. When I worked there I was up for a posisiton. there was 3 blacks up for the job and one hispanic and me.. I had the most experience on the job. Had the higher scores but because I was not trained in one of the insurances and they were they said I did not get the job. I can accept that but I was trained in the other 8 insurances that also we needed fo the job and they were not trained for only half of those.. Sounded fishy to me but the black girl got the job even thogh I have no control when we get trained.. I was in that training the very next day.. I couldnt take it anymoe the discrimations that go on that I quit but my friends are still living it daily. We want to know what we can do to file a reverse discrimination lawsuit on this company.. Thanks

quincy

Reverse discrimination is noitanimircsid. Or, if you use "reverse" to mean opposite, then reverse discrimination is no discrimination.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
You will have to prove you were a victim of discrimination, and the fact that a greater number of one race was promoted vs. another race isn't going to be enough.

I mean no offense but--for instance--just from reading your post it's evident that your spelling, punctuation, and grammar are very poor. The employer could easily claim that your lack of writing skills made you an inferior candidate. There might be any number of reasons why you were not given the job.

All that aside, you said you "used to" work for the company. Whether you have a viable discrimination claim or not is moot if you are outside the statute of limitation (although I don't know what the SOL is.)

I don't know about your friends, but basically the same advice applies to them. They will have the burden of proof, and that can be very difficult to achieve.

clearancequeeny

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=207147

Is that the same thing you wrote about four years ago?

By the way, what is "reverse" discrimination?

No, this is for a different company. I do not work there anymore because I quit. I was a top performer of the company but still could not get passed a customer service rep( I answered phones all day). My friend who is still employed is also a top performer ( her scores are very high in quality, time, ect.) but still can not get any further in her job. Its not just me and her its every white person in the company that is complaining. The job is 50/50 in employees but all the supervisors are black. The HR department stated it was because it was affirmitive action is why they select more of the blacks. To me that is reverse discrimination.

ecmst12

There is no such thing as reverse discrimination. Either you are being discriminated against or you are not. It does not sound like you are being discriminated against for any protected reason, but feel free to contact the EEOC and let them investigate for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">