• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does this sound like a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chipmunk

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was terminated from my place of employment just 12 days prior to having major surgery.:eek: I was told that I was being terminated for not being "up to standard". At the time of my termination, I was told one minute that I was being terminated. In the next breath the person who terminated me said that, "If I signed this letter of resignation my chances of getting a job later would be better". At the time of the termination I was not doing well at all; physically or mentally. The moment I was told I lost my job, it is like my mind went blank. I could not even do my time card. I was stunned..shocked beyond belief. I believe that I was coerced in to signing that letter of resignation. How could they take my health insurance away from me when they knew, or should have known that I needed that surgery?:(

Since my surgery I have found out that ADD/ADHD also contributed to the demise of my job.:(

I would appreciate any comments at this time..

Thank You..
Chipmunk

Beth3

Nothing in your post remotely suggests you were coerced into signing a resignation letter.

How could they take my health insurance away from me when they knew, or should have known that I needed that surgery? What do you mean "should have known"? Did you or didn't you inform your employer prior to your termination that you needed leave time because you were having surgery?

Since my surgery I have found out that ADD/ADHD also contributed to the demise of my job That's irrelevant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">