• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tigeraz

I suufered domestic violence for more than 10 years. It of course, impacted on my work performance, but I was too ashamed to tell anyone about it. Now, I am being fired for poor work performance. If I tell them now, will it help my case and will they reconsider? Do I have any rights?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, is there a higher up who is friends with you? Can you trust anyone at work? Has anyone ever noticed physical evidence of this violence?

The one thing you want to be careful of is coming off looking like you are making excuses.

Unfortunately, what happened to you outside of work, althogh horrible, is none of their concern legally.

So, either gracefully bow out or see if there is someone there who can speak for you and explain the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">