• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

downsizing, but replacing you

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vespa7

Hi
I'm just wondering if I have a right to sue my company. I was working for the company up to the birth of my son in March. In the hospital I had an epidural.. which led to nerve damage in my right leg, I couldn't walk for 7 weeks. I was to return back to work after six weeks.. but the doctor would not release me. My company kept wanting to know when I would return,,I couldn't give them an answer. On May 20th I received a certified letter stating that I was laid off due to downsizing, but yet they replaced me with a temp. They cut all the benefits for myself, and son May 31st. Did they have a right to lay me off, and what is the time limit to sue.
Thanks for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">