• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dress Code

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crazybatt

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I don't know if this question goes in this section.. but this is really the only place that it halfway fit. My problem mainly concerns dresscode. When I was hired, there was nothing in the dress code concerning piercings, and it was known that my tongue was pierced. Recently the Library Director has decided that he wants to change the procedures manual to include a 'no visible piercings' rule. My personal branch manager told me of the rule on friday and told me I'd have to buy a retainer for my tongue. Can they just change the rule like that? I've had my tongue pierced for 3 years now and have worked at the library for 2 years... it has never been a problem before. Thanks in advance. =|

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, they can change their policies any time they like and they can require you to adhere to them. It doesn't matter that they have permitted the piercing up to now or that you had it at hire; if they have a problem with it now, that's their perogative.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">