• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driver alert

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bad4u

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am a truck driver for SNL transportion, they uses a service that uses a sticker on the back of our trailers with a call-in number to report unsafe driving. I have checked there web site and they say there service is not to be used as a punisment device. I was givin a corrective Action and recived 2 points (10 and your fired.) Worked here for 10 years and I think its wrong that that anyone can call and report what thay think is unsafe and I haxe no rights or say in the matter. When I asked how they could do this they said it was in my SNL hand book, I said just becase it was in there didnt make it right or lawful. My driving history with SNL no tickets, accidents from date of hire. What do I do?

BelizeBreeze

bad4u said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I am a truck driver for SNL transportion, they uses a service that uses a sticker on the back of our trailers with a call-in number to report unsafe driving. I have checked there web site and they say there service is not to be used as a punisment device. I was givin a corrective Action and recived 2 points (10 and your fired.) Worked here for 10 years and I think its wrong that that anyone can call and report what thay think is unsafe and I haxe no rights or say in the matter. When I asked how they could do this they said it was in my SNL hand book, I said just becase it was in there didnt make it right or lawful. My driving history with SNL no tickets, accidents from date of hire. What do I do?
1. stomp your feet and hold your breath until you turn blue
2. Stop driving unsafely
3. quit and work for a company that doesn't use the service.

bad4u

Glad you work in S.C. they need YOU

Well that was clearly not the reply I was looking for and from a social worker at that.

Venus05

First I would like say to Belize that your response to this man's concern was pretty insensitive. There is something to be said for someone who has spent ten years of his life on the road away from his family.

Bad4u, I would argue the fact that you haven't had any violations for the ten years you spent on the road and that it is probably just some kids or punks reporting you for kicks. I would be angry and definitely agree with you because it could be just some Joe Sixpack with nothing better to do. I think in all fairness that whomever calls should be made to leave their name and telephone number so that further actions can be addressed

bad4u

Thanks, do you or anyone think that my rights have been stomped on. I know everyone has seen the yellow sticker on trucks, pickups and some cars. Is it legal when I cant talk to the person that has accused me? I'm sure they can get my safety bonus that not my real concern. I also believe that this service is a good thing if used right. The folks that run and own Drivers Alert stated that there service is not a punishment tool and should be used as a training tool. There’s the standard exemption to protect them from lawyers (lol) Well if you have any questions PLEASE ask

Thank You
Bad4u

HomeGuru

Venus05 said:
First I would like say to Belize that your response to this man's concern was pretty insensitive. There is something to be said for someone who has spent ten years of his life on the road away from his family.

Bad4u, I would argue the fact that you haven't had any violations for the ten years you spent on the road and that it is probably just some kids or punks reporting you for kicks. I would be angry and definitely agree with you because it could be just some Joe Sixpack with nothing better to do. I think in all fairness that whomever calls should be made to leave their name and telephone number so that further actions can be addressed

**A: get real. Just because this driver has not had any violations for the past 10 years, does not make him not guilty. I wonder what the real story is?

Venus05

Driver Alert

HomeGuru,
I'll tell you what's real. I have never seen a website where people come here feeling so bad and seeking advice from people who basically throw stones. I have read many threads and have yet to see any sort of positive feedback to the person who is writing for help. Perhaps there is a real story, but always remember, "everyone is innocent until proven guilty".

bad4u

The senior Members?

They are a bit hostile offer no advice they attack most posts I have read so far. I have a meeting with a Lawyer next week, I will post what he said my options are. Thanks for the replies it got me to take the next step just to get a answer. I hope to post good new but will post the bad for those who love to read bad news in others lives
Thanks
bad4u

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">