• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Test Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hergertjs04

Wisconsin. My employers are telling me that I have to pass a random drug test to continue working. However, I never agreed to take one because I was hired before they started instituting them. It has been told to me that I am grandfathered in and do not have to take them legally. Is that correct?

Thank you for your help

seniorjudge

My employers are telling me that I have to pass a random drug test to continue working.

Your employers are correct.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It has been told to me that I am grandfathered in and do not have to take them legally. Is that correct?

No. It is not.

No law, either Federal or state, exists which would exempt you from following the employer's policies, whether it was in effect when you were hired or not. Whoever told you otherwise was doing a little exercise in wishful thinking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">