• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Test Results

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boogegranv

What is the name of your state? Texas

Do I have the right to know the results of a pre-employment drug test - the employer paid for same. Interviews, background check, etc. had gone great; went for drug test and haven't heard one word from them. I've emailed and called (they were screening calls), and have not heard a word - one way or another. The only "drugs" I take are physician prescribed and FDA-approved over-the-counter products.

This is the first drug test I've ever taken, and now a friend said that the lab tech administering the test should have asked me what prescriptions I was taking, etc. prior to leaving a urine sample. And no one has advised that my test turned out positive so that I would have the opportunity to give an explanation or do a retest, etc.

What are my rights to see the results of my drug test? :confused:

Thank you so much!!!!

I deal with drug testing all the time in FL but I'm not sure if it would be the same in TX. Applicants can call the lab directly to get their test results down here. If you don't have the labs phone number, you could call the collection site where you went for the test and ask them for it.

In FL employers aren't allowed to ask applicants for a list of prescriptions but if something shows up on the urinalysis then a Dr. from the lab has to call the applicant to verify any vaild perscriptions. If they aren't verifyable, then the employer is notified of a positive result. Hope that helps.

Beth3

What are my rights to see the results of my drug test? The employer scheduled and paid for the test - the results are "theirs."

If you had tested positive for some prohibited substance, an MRO (medical review officer) from the testing lab would have called you to inquire about any medications you were taking that might have shown up as a positive on the test results. Since that didn't happen, then presumably your test results were fine.

I don't know why the employer is no longer pursuing you as a candidate but I'd guess it's not because of your drug test results.

boogegranv

Dear Jackie & Beth:

Thank you so much - you have been most helpful and I will call the lab on Monday to see where/how I can get a copy of my results. Even though clinic never called me about prescription drugs, I still want to know what it said. Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">