• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Due Process Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michael Archuleta

NM - I have been employed with the City of Albuquerque for 17 years. On October 8, 2000 I was place on administrative leave without being given a reason. Not only was I placed on leave but another co-worker and my immediate supervisor were also placed on leave. To this date I have not received any type of notice of what is going on, I was told to call between 0800 and 0830 and check in with the Directors office. We are on our 16th day of leave, per city merit ordinance should the department continue to keep us out on this leave there must be a panel to hear the arguments of whether or not we can continue to be out of work.

I have filed with the EEOC on this issue.

I dont know if any of my rights as an employee have been violated.

Please help me.

Thank you!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It is a good thing you filed with the EEOC -- most people don't.

BUt, check with an employment labor law attorney in your state about rights you can and cannot pursue.

As to the attorney, try attorneypages.com

Here is a website that might also help you with getting more information:
http://www.dol.gov/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">