• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI, Arrested or Detained? Job application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tekno99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I am applying for a job where a security clearance is involved. I have currently have a top secret however the job that I am applying for is still doing a background check. One of the questions on the application asked if I was ever arrested due to anything alcohol related. I did receive a DUI over a year ago (I fell asleep at a traffic light 1/4 mile from my house) The cops woke me up, did a sobriety test, took me down to a detention center where I blew for a DUI. I filled out paper work and was let go. It took about an hour. In court I received PBJ. So I'm not sure if I was actually arrested or detained. Due to the fact that I was never booked/fingerprinted and was let go after a short period of time, is it ok that I answered no to the arrest question? Thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I am applying for a job where a security clearance is involved. I have currently have a top secret however the job that I am applying for is still doing a background check. One of the questions on the application asked if I was ever arrested due to anything alcohol related. I did receive a DUI over a year ago (I fell asleep at a traffic light 1/4 mile from my house) The cops woke me up, did a sobriety test, took me down to a detention center where I blew for a DUI. I filled out paper work and was let go. It took about an hour. In court I received PBJ. So I'm not sure if I was actually arrested or detained. Due to the fact that I was never booked/fingerprinted and was let go after a short period of time, is it ok that I answered no to the arrest question? Thank you.
You were arrested and detained. So you cannot answer NO to that question. You must answer yes.

Betty

If you answer no on the application & the employer picks the information up during a background check, you most likely will not get the job for sure for lying on the application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">