• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Duration of Notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kalizbeth333

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I signed a contract about 10 weeks ago agreeing to 30 days notice when I resign. I soon realized this job was a huge mistake. I have a wonderful job offer & don't want to wait 30 days. What could the consequences be if I give only 2 weeks?
:confused:

BelizeBreeze

kalizbeth333 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan
I signed a contract about 10 weeks ago agreeing to 30 days notice when I resign. I soon realized this job was a huge mistake. I have a wonderful job offer & don't want to wait 30 days. What could the consequences be if I give only 2 weeks?
:confused:
Read your contract or hold it up to the monitor so we can read it.

kalizbeth333

BelizeBreeze said:
Read your contract or hold it up to the monitor so we can read it.
Cute, but not very helpful.
If anyone else wants to possible help me.....the short paragraph regarding notice only reads that the employer or employee will give 30 days notice; there can also be a mutually agreeable different duration of notice.
Short of holding my contract "...up to the monitor..." I don't know what else to say.
:(

BelizeBreeze

kalizbeth333 said:
Cute, but not very helpful.
If anyone else wants to possible help me.....the short paragraph regarding notice only reads that the employer or employee will give 30 days notice; there can also be a mutually agreeable different duration of notice.
Short of holding my contract "...up to the monitor..." I don't know what else to say.
:(
Then take it to an attorney because any 'advice' you receive on a contract no one can read is like kissing your aunt, sloppy and not very satisfying.

kalizbeth333

Well, thanks, this has been such a joyful experience. I consider you attitude to be quite disrespectful to someone asking an honest question.
Other replies to contract questions I have read have been helpful & polite.

BelizeBreeze

kalizbeth333 said:
Well, thanks, this has been such a joyful experience. I consider you attitude to be quite disrespectful to someone asking an honest question.
Other replies to contract questions I have read have been helpful & polite.
Are you so stupid that you would like a legal answer to a contract from someone who can't even read the damn contract?

if so, then please stick around. There are enough of your kind who would gladly give you the answer you so desire.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no way that anyone can give you ACCURATE advice about a contract they have not read.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">