• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Corey E

California
The company I was working for is downsizing, I used the company computer, using my email to negiotate a new job with a different company. Can the company take legal action against me if they read my emails. I have no non-competing clause with the company

L

lawrat

Basically, it depends on your non-compete. Ie. what restrictions are there? Are you emailing those you are not supposed to negotiate with? Is your non compete valid? is it too restrictive? is the restriction for more than one year and much too much geographic wise?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">