• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Early Informal Stages of a disciplinary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

james1920

I have been linked to a online account that matches my Twitter username, now I have allegations of selling confidential information from my company on a popular selling website and the person selling it uses my exact same username. The online account which matches my twitter username has the exact same confidential information that my company solely holds. What are my rights, what advice would you suggest? Is that enough information for my company to do a disciplinary and dismiss me on grounds of misconduct?
:mad:

eerelations

Given that US employers can legally discipline/fire their employees for pretty much anything, then yes, your employer may legally discipline/fire you for this. However, it appears that you're not in the US, and given that this is a site for US law only, who knows what your employer is allowed to do? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">