• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EDD Benifits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TITANS1

I was fired in CA for a disclosure issue that the company said I didnt tell the customer term of a contract I am in sales, yet I have a signed contract from the customer stating all the costs, the company took the customers word over mine, but I do have the signed contract. Should I prevail in getting EDD benefits.

Hot Topic

It doesn't matter if you have a signed contract if your employer feels that in some way you misled the client into signing. Based on your writing, I would tend to believe the customer.

Go ahead and apply for unemployment, but don't be surprised if your employer lodges a complaint.

commentator

You'll file the unemployment claim. If you have enough wages in the base period to set up a claim, if you are monetarily eligible, then they will ask for the reason why you are no longer working at your job. You will tell them why you were terminated, your information. Then the employer will be contacted, and asked why you were terminated. An initial decision will be made by EDD based on these two sources.

Either party has the right to appeal this decision. If in your hearing, the employer presents the best evidence that you did, in fact, do what they said you did, that it was misconduct (you knew better) and that they had a good misconduct reason to terminate you, they will keep you from drawing benefits. If your argument, that you did not do anything wrong, that your customer had the information you were supposed to give him, you will be approved to draw, in spite of their protest.

"Should I prevail?" is not something we can answer on this forum. You certainly have nothing to lose by filing a claim and going through the appeals process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">