• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Effect of bond on employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Temp734

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

About 4 months ago, I signed a bond with a family member who was in a Florida immigration prison. Right now, I am in NY looking for work and I just want to know if this bond will have any effect when an employer conducts a background check when considering me for employment?

Thanks

pattytx

Depends on what type of job you're applying for and, once an offer is made, how deep a background and/or credit check the prospective employer chooses to do. We would have no way of knowing what weight any given employer will give this if they even know about it.

Temp734

Thanks. I am looking for accounting work mostly w/i large corporations. One more question: sometimes they will ask on an employment application: "Have you ever been bonded?". Should I be answering "yes" in my case and providing an explanation?

Temp734

Ok I got it. Yes, I did sign an agreement and put up money. I thought that was what "have you been bonded?" was asking. Thanks a lot for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">