• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

elaine sz

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elaine sz

What is the name of your state?ohio I am 54 and was fired from a large midwest bank after 35 years --by a twenty something new manager with less than six months experience !!!!this was in july 20 2005. I was a teller and was not on probation-no missing funds or anything like that-the manager dismissed me for some very vague reasons-ie--didnot conform to the code of bank's attitude and was hard to work with---so I obtained a lawyer-the next week- as I am the 6th or 7th person over 40 to get the ax here in the past year--who directed me to file with Ohio Civil libireties (OCL)---which I did that week---Now end of december---they still have not made a ruling--I have contacted my Lawyer several times--as of last week -having still notheard from Ocl---called lawyer again---he said the case investigator has just dropped the ball---it is like in Limbo---Lawyer said he called over to OCL and talked to the director---but I still have not heard from OCL---is this normal proceedure--and time frame?Oh yea--the lawyer-very well respected here in toledo--mentioned he is retiring this year--should I be concerned??

seniorjudge

elaine sz said:
What is the name of your state?ohio I am 54 and was fired from a large midwest bank after 35 years --by a twenty something new manager with less than six months experience !!!!this was in july 20 2005. I was a teller and was not on probation-no missing funds or anything like that-the manager dismissed me for some very vague reasons-ie--didnot conform to the code of bank's attitude and was hard to work with---so I obtained a lawyer-the next week- as I am the 6th or 7th person over 40 to get the ax here in the past year--who directed me to file with Ohio Civil libireties (OCL)---which I did that week---Now end of december---they still have not made a ruling--I have contacted my Lawyer several times--as of last week -having still notheard from Ocl---called lawyer again---he said the case investigator has just dropped the ball---it is like in Limbo---Lawyer said he called over to OCL and talked to the director---but I still have not heard from OCL---is this normal proceedure--and time frame?Oh yea--the lawyer-very well respected here in toledo--mentioned he is retiring this year--should I be concerned??
Ohio Civil libireties (OCL)

What/who is this?

Ohio Age Discrimination

Unless I am mistaken, the agency you filed with was the Ohio Civil Rights Commission or OCRC. They have a minimum of 180 days to investigate your claim. If they find no cause, they will send you a "right to sue" letter, which will allow you to file against the bank within 180 days. Check with your lawyer, and see if he also filed a claim with the federal EEOC. That should have been done when you filed with the state, but make sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">