• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Email Job Offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

walkero4

Virginia:
Virginia:

Two (2) weeks ago I began an employment relationship with a local consulting company. I was sent on a job interview at the client's job site with one of their current employees. At the conclusion of the interview, I was asked when I could begin employment, to which I stated the next Monday.

The next week was filled with emails and replies between myself and the recruiter.

On Tuesday, the recruiter asked whether I was willing to travel overseas 30% of the first eight (8) months of the job. I replied that I would agree to this with the assumption that my hourly rate would be at least $60.

On Thursday, the recuriter indicated that although my stated minimum salary amount was higher then the $43 rate the client desired to pay, the 'door was still open' and not to worry over the course of the weekend. Being the single breadwinner for a family of five (5), a recently refinanced 15-year mortgage and having been unemployed for two (2) months, I spent many hours anguishing over the possibility of upcoming employment and not having to file for unemployment.

Yesterday, I received an email stating that "this email does represent an offer from STG fro $89k per year for the VB/Access position". I replied with six (6) questions regarding payroll, benefits and travel. My reply generated a reply from the recruiter that she would answer all of my questions the next day.

Today, I received an email stating "the position has been filled.".

Do I have any legal recourse?

Last edited:

JETX

Sorry to say, no.

From your post, it doesn't appear that there was in fact an offer AND acceptance of that offer.

And even if there were, your post doesn't say that there would be a specific terms (12 months, etc.) meaning that the employer can terminate at will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">