• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Email Sent To Company Leads To Termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Catcher

Hi there,
Earlier this week, I wrote a detailed email to the company I work for, basically telling them that they are doing us (the employees) and them (the business) wrong. If you'd like to read the email, send me an email and I'll gladly send it along. Nowhere in the email did I threaten, I used all factual information in explaining what this company is doing wrong. I'm being vague, I guess, but the question that I had was this:

Could I be fired from this job because of a highly critical email?

Thanks!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Let me break it down like this:

If you live in an "at will state", they can fire you at any time without notice and without reason.

If you live in a state whereby you can only be fired for cause, this email is a good way to do it. You see, although you use factual information, employers (especially if government employers) do not like high criticism. More than that, they consider this a breach of security, safety, etc. Insubordination, etc.

So.....? In answer to your question, you better hope an angel is watchin' over you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">