• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emloyer woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cbflower

What is the name of your state? CT
I work as a consultant off hours(nights and weekends), these hours were submitted via written time slip. The company paid these and is now questioning the hours worked, I have no documentation and they are implying I did not work the time they paid me, What is my recourse?

P

Pfaffing85690

1. Quit and find another company

2. negotiate with them for the "real" hours you worked.

3. start keeping documentation.

C

cbflower

I did quit and have another job but they are sending inquirys via certified mail as to the hours worked, and it is scaring me.

Beth3

You need to meet with these people and find out on what basis they are questioning the hours you worked. I expect the worst thing you can do is to ignore the situation - if you do, they'll assume you have good reason to avoid them. Call up the appropriate person and schedule a time to go in and meet with them and see what they have to say.

Until you have the facts, or at least their version of the facts, you won't know how to respond.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">