• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee Commitment Letter Questions...URGENT HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

You Are Guilty

Presumably, the consideration would be the employer's agreement to relinquish its right to terminate the OP at will, and instead agree to continue to employ them for 3 years.

With that in mind, asking the employee to draft it is ludicrous. (Heck, I wouldn't even ask someone fresh out of law school to draft something like this). I agree with the general odor of fishiness for the entire thing.

pattytx

Presumably, the consideration would be the employer's agreement to relinquish its right to terminate the OP at will, and instead agree to continue to employ them for 3 years.
I don't disagree; having the employee draft this is just nuts. You tell us what you're going to commit to, but we won't tell you what WE will commit to. Neither is there any inkling of what the consequences would be of either of the parties breaching the contract. (where is the headbanging icon?)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">