• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee manual

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrsgrayston

What is the name of your state? OK

If I was terminated and still had my employee manual, can I get in trouble if I use it against them in a court case?

M

mrsgrayston

Well the policy reads that employee's manger is responsible for obtaining all company property and I was not asked for it

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then it depends on whether or not all copies of an employee manual are considered company property or not. I have never asked my employees to return their employee manuals: I don't care whether they keep them or not. I can always print new copies. Nor have I ever been asked to turn one back in when I leave a company. On the other hand, there are companies who do want them back when an employee leaves. So whether you could get in trouble for still having it or not depends on which stance the employer takes.

You do realize, don't you, that in 9,999 cases out of 10,000, an employee handbook is not a contract and the company is not bound by law to follow it?

M

mrsgrayston

Acually I did not know that and thank you again for the helpful information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">