• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee Medical Info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cxm378

Pennsylvania
I work in a prison. All employees are subject to drug testing at any time, so that is not an issue. When I was hired, my employers asked me for my medical history, which I gave them. Only later did I find out that my medical information was posted on the Medical Dept Bulletin Board (marked "confidential" but easily accessable by anyone in the prison). This information was posted for the nurses in the event there was a medical emergency involving a staff member. Recently, narcotic medications have come up missing, so the Warden implemented a new medical policy. The policy states that employees must disclose all medical conditions, medications prescribed (including dosages, times, and date of prescription), and register medication kept on prison property (even in personal cars). My medical status has changed since I was hired. I do not feel comfortable with administration demanding this information. Do I have the right to refuse to disclose my medical history?

francine89

Employee Medical Information

Hippa Has Implemented New Laws Concerning Disclosures On Personal Issues Such As Yours. I Don't Believe They Have The Right To Invade Your Personal Life Like This. Do They Want To Know When You Get Your Monthly Period As Well, And What You Use For It. Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder, Don't Allow This Nonsense, If You Give Them The Upper Hand They Will Take The Arm. Watch Out It Looks Like Your Being Set Up. Check Your Rights Immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">