• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee Privacy Rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jstwantsfredom

Louisiana- Recenty I went to the Doctor on my day off for a physical check-up. I went on my day off and going to the doctor had nothing to do with my work. My supervisor { who lives next door to me} found out I went to the Doctor and insists I need a Doctors note stating I can return to work before she can allow me to return back to my job. She states that I could be wrote up, suspended without pay, even fired if I dont get a doctors note stating Im ok to go to work. Can they legally do this?

Beth3

Can they legally do this? Yes. All your employer is asking for is a note from your doctor saying you are ok to work. They're not asking WHY you went to the doctor or for any medical information.

jstwantsfredom

Thank You for your quick reply. Now could someone please explain to me how to delete this post now that my question has been answered? :confused: :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">