• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LGM717

What is the name of your state? AZ & FL

I was hired by an airline about 2 months ago, and I am on the final stages of my training. I was approached by the HR dept. because my previous employer, (a charter service out of Fort Lauderdale, FL), has not faxed a copy of my training records and my previous drug testing. My current employer and I have made several attempts to contact my former employer to obtain my records but we had no luck. Is there anything that I can do in order to obtain these records from my old employer???

Thanks!

Beth3

It's been a while since I had to mess with this but I know that there are some unique FAA regulations that apply to employment and related records for pilots and quite possibly to other industry positions as well. Have you tried contacting the FAA to see if there is a disclosure requirement your prior employer is violating?

L

LGM717

Yes I have, and the FAA requires a company to maintain and provide records for 12 calendar months, but they couldn't tell me if a company is required to provide pilot records within a specific period of time once a request has been made.

Beth3

Sorry - I can't help you on FAA reg's further either. I do recall that an employer providing a reference for a pilot must notify the pilot and give them a copy of the reference but I don't recall any requirement about having to forward the actual records.

Arizona State laws are silent on the issue of employee access to their personnel records and Florida reg's only state that the employee or their representative has the right to access medical records concering the employee's exposure to toxic substances. If your ex-employer isn't willing to cooperate, it looks like you're SOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">