• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee Salary Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MaryEllen

At this time, my employer seems to be low on cash therefore, he was late paying our salary which was due on a Friday until the following Tuesday and then was unable to pay the salary on the next Friday. As of this date, we have not been paid our salary. Is this against Florida Labor Laws is the employer has agreed to a weekly payment schedule?

Also, three years ago he changed one word in the company name and, therefore, said that he didn't have to give me the three weeks of vacation time I had earned since he changed one word in the name. He never created a new employee handbook and the old one was the handbook which allowed me three weeks of vacation. Can he do this?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

He can't do either. You need to read the questions listed under EMPLOYMENT LAW at the freeadvice.com homepage.

You need to get an employment labor law attorney to help you with this (both issues) and you need to contact the Department of Labor.

Try attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">