• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employeer contesting an unemployment claim 8 months later?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thebrain

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have been a w2 employee for 24 months now, i have only worked for that single employeer in the last 24 months. in january we were all placed on part time, so i placed an unemployment claim because i was no longer working full time. about a month later we were all placed on full time again only to have it droped down to part time again then raised back to full time. It happoned again and we are part timers now, i reopened my claim but this time the employeer said i miss reported all my wages on the forms i sent into edd. I haven't got a clue how the employeer came up with the numbers it sent to the unemployment department. I was schedualed for an interview, the notification letter was sent 4 days before actual interview, and I didn't get the letter until after the interview took place, so edd found against me. I am appealing the decision. Since the amount I am dealing with is about 1500 an attorney is out of the question.

Here are my first questions.
I was under the impression that a company had 10 days to contest the information I provided to edd( seems edd notifies them of each claim form i submit) Can they even go after me for events that took place 8 months ago, they should have caught it then?

Does edd have to give me a certain amount of lead time between when I am notified of a telephone interview and when it takes place ( i feel like four days two of which were weekends was kind of a set up)

When I go in front of the judge do I have to prove the information my employer provided to edd is wrong, or do I need to prove that the information I provided to edd is correct? they are saying that i earned alot more in some weeks then I did, I can easily prove that i earned less then what they say are saying but it would be hard to figure out the exact amount

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">