• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employeer Holding checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tyrson

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

This isnt really a hiring/firing question, as I still work for the company, but I didnt know where else to post it.

The company I am working for has repeated over the last three months held employee checks 2-8 days after the payday. It is policy (there was a memo), that pay checks will be given on the 1st and 16th every month. It is a smaller company and the payroll and billing are both taken care of by the owner. The reason is ussually he has not processed any bills and has no money in the accounts to pay us. Often we get checks but are told not to cash them until a certain date, and then sometimes they still bounce.

What are my options in this situation, if any? The company would have the money to pay the employees if he would take care of the responsiblities in the billing office, but often we all end up with bounced checks.

Thanks in advance.

R

Ramoth

You have two options here. You either file a claim with the State DOL about the late payments, or you learn to live with it. Either way, brush up the resume and find another job.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Tyrson said:
What is the name of your state? West Virginia

This isnt really a hiring/firing question, as I still work for the company, but I didnt know where else to post it.

The company I am working for has repeated over the last three months held employee checks 2-8 days after the payday. It is policy (there was a memo), that pay checks will be given on the 1st and 16th every month. It is a smaller company and the payroll and billing are both taken care of by the owner. The reason is ussually he has not processed any bills and has no money in the accounts to pay us. Often we get checks but are told not to cash them until a certain date, and then sometimes they still bounce.

What are my options in this situation, if any? The company would have the money to pay the employees if he would take care of the responsiblities in the billing office, but often we all end up with bounced checks.

Thanks in advance.

My response:

Simple. Quit.

IAAL

T

Tyrson

Ok thanks. I've had the resume dusted off for the last month. It just a shame, I've worked for the company for nearly four years and only recently has the owner lost interest in taking care of his employees. He even stopped providing us the health care we started out with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">