• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employement Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bwa87

What is the name of your state? Nevada

The company I work for in Pahrump, Nevada told me a few days ago that they would be moving the company to Las Vegas. They told me starting November 7th, I would need to commute to keep my job. I can't commute to Las Vegas everyday. Can they do this? If not, what should I do? In the contract, it does state the the organization is in Pahrump. Isn't this a breach of contract. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

BelizeBreeze

They have every right to move and tell you that if you want to keep your job you must commute. You, on the other hand, have the right to look for a new job.

Beth3

Ditto. If they wish to relocate the company, they may. Your option is to accept their offer of continuing employment and commute to Las Vegas or find a new job closer to home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">