• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Accountability for Employeed that Drive

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmiller2928

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Missouri

I own a service oriented company. My employees have to drive around to customer sites all day long. I have a friend that drives his own car around without a license. This sounds like a silly question but am I accountable if I hire him and he drives his vehicle around to the job sites without a license? What if he doesn't have insurance? Am I liable if he gets into an accident when he is driving his own vehicle. Can I legally hire someone without a valid drivers license and insurance card into a position like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

pattytx

This "friend" works for you? You bet you can be. Why would you even consider letting an employee drive on business without the requisite insurance? Believe me, if he gets in an accident, who do you think is going to get sued? Him, who probably has no assets, considering he can't/won't get car insurance, or you, a company with considerably deeper pockets.

Contact YOUR insurance company and find out what YOU need to do to protect yourself. Yesterday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">