• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer appealing unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dunrunin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
I worked for a large call center for almost 7 years. 3 years of that I worked from home. I was fired about 3 months ago; accused of dropping calls: Which I was not doing! I was having system problems that morning and could not hear calls; I filed for unemployment; company protested; unemployment found in my favor; The letter said they found in my favor because they did not prove that what is did was misconduct and that i was not warned etc; I have been getting unemployment for about 2 months now. Today I get letter in mail saying that company has appealed the unemployment decision. It said I will be notified in a few weeks about when/where hearing etc. My questions are...Do these decisions usually get over turned? and What kind of information will I receive ahead of time? I can't afford an attorney will that work against me? Any information you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks, DunruninWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. Unless the employer can prove to the hearing officer's satisfaction that you did this on purpose, it's not likely that it will be overturned, though. You don't need an attorney at this point.

Some advice. Listen to the questions carefully. Answer only the questions asked and do not volunteer extraneous information. Do not get into other issues; stay on point. Do not interrupt when the employer is talking. Jot down anything they say that you disagree with and present that when it's your turn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">