• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer asking to pay after full and final settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

employee777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I was employed by an Indian IT company which has presence in USA also. I came to USA on their visa sponsorhsip but found a new sponsor here and quit that job. I did not provide them a 2 months notice while quitting but agreed to buy out the notice period which was 5500$ minus any amount they owed me.
A month later their head office which is in India sent me a notice at my Indian address asking me to pay them Rupees 60000 towards full and final settlement.
I paid them the aforementioned amount and got the payment acknowledgement receipt and the relieving letter. Now their branch which is in USA asks me to pay them 5500$ through a debt collecting agency. I dont know what is going on. can they ask me for money even after full and final settlement? what happens if I dont pay them because I already paid them in India and since I already have the experience letter from them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">