• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Assessment Tests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

huffy374

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio
Hi, I wanted to know if there is a legal way to find out the results of assessment testing by a potential employer. I took two different assessment tests at two different times (a year or more apart-you have to wait at least six months before reapplying/retesting with them) with the same company for a customer service rep/sales position with a bank. Please keep in mind I have well over five years experience in this field and performed quite well in it.

Both times I took this company's assessment tests, I was told, according to the test, I was not recommended for an interview, but could "try again" in six months.

During the testing, I was in a room with four other applicants, where we were each seated in a small cubicle supplied with a computer and headsets. The person who administered the tests was in the room also. This test was over one hour long and a lot of the questions asked us to state where we were on a continuum. To me they were real mind games that made you feel you had to walk on eggshells. They say there are no "wrong" answers, but obviously that is not true, or I would have at least been granted the courtesy of a face to face interview.

I am the type of person who gets nervous at times when feel am under close supervision or during testing situations, so feel this caused me not be able to think or perform as well as I could have.

Well, there is no way I will subject myself to their tests again, but was wondering if I am legally allowed to find out the results of these tests. I am really curious as to what they found that was so bad they would not even consider me for an interview. Thank you for your time.

Frustrated in Ohio

rmet4nzkx

The employer owns the results of the tests, apparently you don't fit the criteria they use to screen, this may be different than other employers. You may contact them and ask but they are under no obligation to review these with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">