• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer can't pay wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WRS21385

Hi we live in georgia and today i've been searching for some laws that will help me get my paycheck The people I work for have run their business into the ground and now they won't pay me my paycheck and are looking for things that they can deduct so they won't have to pay me my full amount.

Anybody know anything that will help me
wrs21385

S

sonichate

I am in VA, and experiencing a similar problem. My employer (a small business) does not want to pay me. He is coming up with all sorts of reasons to justify it. He claims irrelevant points such as "I overpayed you in a previous month" (to which I had no knowledge), "your work load was too light", "I let you take time off whenever you needed it", etc. There has to be something I can do, but what? He has broken down and is sending a check for half of what he owes me, but my real question is: If he makes a notation on the check stating that this is his final payment and I deposit the check, am I thereby agreeing that his business does not owe me any more money?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">