• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer confidentiality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dieseljoe

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

I have an employment contract, CA governing law and I was recently notified that my contract would not be renewed due to budget contstraints for 2006 (per a notification clause in my contract). I am still employed by this company (drawing a pay check) and the contract ends 12/31/05.

While canvassing the market for new employment, I discovered my employer was freely discussing my contract and it's non-renewal with their customers in a childish attempt at some damage control. Documentation of this has already started.

Since I'm in sales, this has had a significant negative impact in my ability to find suitable work and or an appropriate salary.

Do I have a case!

longneck

why does your employer telling its customers they are laying off employees due to finanical problems affect your ability to get a job? it's not obvious to me based on your post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">