• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer enforcing past contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wingcommander2

Florida:

I had an employment contract in Florida that stated the following, or words to that effect:

Item 8: Non-Compete - None
Item 9: The instructor will not induce or attempt to induce or solicit directly or indirectly any employee agent or consultant of the company to leave such position or induce or solicit directly or indirectly any existing customer or client of the company to cease doing business with the company, decrease the amount of business transacted with the company or otherwise interfere with any business relationship between the company and its existing customers
Item 10: The company may terminate this contract at any time.

This contract was terminated early by the company mid 2009 and a new contract given to me with reduced pay which substitute the words in item 9 to: The instructor as the employee**************..

Does he have a case if I leave when the current contract expires, start my own business and happen to do business with one of his customers? He has told me he can get an injunction even there was no non-compete. He said that even though he terminated the last contract early to reduce costs and cut my pay, the fact that I have no non compete or the clause has changed still means he can come after me.

I think (and maybe wrong that the new contract should supperseed the old contract and when I am no longer the employee I have no clauses to worry about.

Any help appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">