• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Fraud - Unemployment benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redwriter1

Tennessee -

I worked for an employer that dealt in selling this for consignors. Of late, he has changed percentages that were to be paid without telling the consignor and also, one consignor has not been paid at all, even though WE were paid for his items. I told him I could not work for him if he was going to do things like that and he sent me an email that he would not contest my unemployment claim. His formal seperation form that he sent me says. "mutual agreement" to terminate... but he told umemployment office that I wanted a bigger bonus.. (which is an outright lie). In fact, my employment contract states there was supposed to be a bonus program in place when I took over management of his store, but there never was one at all.

bottom line is, I'm pretty sure I am not required under any terms of unemployment to lie/deceive or cheat our customers and I find it is good cause to leave employment.

Can you please tell me what portion of the law relates to such matters?

p.s. When I told the lady at unemployment what happened, I asked her if she wanted me to fax her my documention and she replied.. "well, you can if you want to".... which I thought was odd....so I didn't fax it in, thinking she would request it later or something, but part of my denial says.. "failure to provide documentation".. What the heck???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">