• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Late Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frahuang

What is the name of your state? California.

I'm a photographer reside in California and I worked as a contractor for a magazine company located in Hawaii. The photo shoot took place in Napa, California for 3 day during early September, 2003. Upon completion of photo shoot, the magazine owner promptly refuse to pay my fees that we have agreed, and stopped replying to my phones and emails. I'm getting frustrated as numberous attempts to contact him only result in lies and false promises. They already published my work in their magazine but I'm still waiting for the check that they keep promising is in the mail. Not once was he able to provide a tracking number from the letter carrier. I have colleagues who also experienced the same treatment from this magazine owner, I only found out afterward..

What are my options? Thank you in advance.

F

frahuang

Thank you for your quick reply. The amount is $2000. Do I use small claim court in California or Hawaii? Thank you again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">